Department of International Relations and Collaboration
Chief of the Department
International collaboration with foreign medical, scientific and educational organizations is one of the priority areas of development of the Federal State Budgetary Institution “National Medical Research Center for Therapy and Preventive Medicine” of the Ministry of Health of the Russian Federation (NMRC TPM).
The goal is to increase the Center participation in global treatment and prevention initiatives as well as to encourage the countries to exchange experience, develop promising scientific areas, advance the specialists’ expertise, and maintain the high quality of medical care. The Center’s collaboration with the World Health Organization, the United Nations, and other influential international organizations allows for large-scale research aimed to solve global health problems.
The Center’s specialists interact with international medical community in the fields of clinical and basic science, as well as public health. This collaboration creates the basis for long-term productive partnerships and the implementation of big projects.
The main directions of international activity
- Collaboration with international organizations (including the World Health Organization, international scientific, clinical and educational centers) in the field of basic and applied research with focus on prevention, therapy, chronic noncommunicable diseases and public health.
- To broaden international academic collaborations, projects and agreements with scientific, clinical and educational organizations in the field of preventive medicine, therapy and public health.
- Raising the Center recognition in the international professional community
- To organize scientific and educational events with international participation
- Initiation of joint activities with international scientific societies and professional associations, medical organizations
- To develop academic mobility of staff, residents and PhD students
- Presentation of Center’s clinical and scientific results at international congresses, symposia, conferences, seminars, forums and exhibitions, as well as their publication in international scientific medical journals
- Development of educational programs in English, also in collaboration with international or foreign organizations, and their internationalization
- Export of scientific and clinical achievements and educational programs of the Center to the international level
- Provision of medical help to foreign citizens and development of medical tourism
NMRC TPM has an impressive experience in international cooperation in such major projects as the Northern Dimension, the Russian-Japanese Obesity Project, as well as partnerships with the University of Wollongong (Australia). Scientific and practical events with international participation are being regularly organized by the Center: for instance, Online Russia Prevent, the International Scientific and Practical Conference “Non-communicable Diseases and the Health of Russian population”, the Week of Technologies for Strengthening Public Health, International meetings of experts on primary health care.
Experts from World Health Organization, the European Public Health Association, the European Primary Care Cardiovascular Society, the European Society of Preventive Medicine, representatives of countries such as the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, Luxembourg, Israel, France, Hungary, Spain, Portugal, Australia, Finland, Poland, Germany, Japan, the USA, etc. contribute to their programme. The Center’s staff take an active part in key international congresses, conferences and symposia, organized by respectable professional societies, presenting the results of scientific activities and unique clinical experience.